The Frontenac CFDC offers flexible commercial financing for start-up, relocation, maintenance or expansion of businesses located in the County of Frontenac (The Townships of South, Central and North Frontenac and Frontenac Islands). Normally, the maximum loan amount is $150,000 and on an exceptional basis we can lend up to $250,000.View Frontenac CFDC Service Area
Purposes of Financing
- Start-up financing for new businesses
- Leasehold improvements
- Equipment purchases
- Working capital
- Purchase or renovate commercial property
- Purchase vacant land to construct new commercial building, or for farming
We are not in competition with the chartered banks or other business lenders. Our financing can be independent of, or in partnership with, other financial institutions when traditional financing is unavailable or insufficient.
How to Apply
Complete your cashflow forecasts using this document
Contact our Business Development Officer for an initial interview.
Loan Application Process
The initial interview is a discussion regarding your business plan and financial requirements and how we may be able to assist you. If you decide to proceed, the next step is to submit a loan application.
Your loan application must include:
- Application for Financing
- Personal Financial Statement per partner or shareholder
- Client Document Check List
- Business Plan and/ or Projected Cashflow Upon review of your loan application, additional information may be required.
Our Business Development Officer will analyze the application and present it to our local Investment Committee / Board of Directors volunteers for approval. The meetings are held the third Tuesday of each month with the exception of December when it is held within the first two weeks. Financing decisions are based on the strength of your business plan, your ability to repay, impact on job creation or maintenance and the impact on long-term growth for the community.
Fees, Interest Rates, Terms and Reporting Requirements
$100 non-refundable fee payable at the time the application is submitted. An additional $200 fee for loans over $10,000 and amortized up to 60 months if the loan is approved or an additional $400 fee for loans over $10,000 and amortised over 60 months, if the loan is approved. All fees subject to change.
All legal fees are the responsibility of the client (if applicable)
Interest rate of Prime plus 2% and higher subject to risk associated with request.
Repayment terms can be customized to meet your business needs
- Loans are repayable in full at any time without penalty.
- Loan clients are required to submit annual financial statements. This will allow us to continue to support you and your business needs as the business grows.
For more information or to apply, call 613-372-1414 ext. 204 or 1-888-372-9962 or email firstname.lastname@example.org