The Eastern Ontario Development Program (EODP) promotes business development, job creation and strengthened economies in rural eastern Ontario communities. The Frontenac CFDC may contribute up to 50% of eligible costs for not-for-profit and private sector recipient. Private sector businesses can receive a maximum of $100,000 in EODP contributions during the current contract period (2014-2018), either through one project or through multiple projects. All costs are net of HST.
Program has two components:
- Business Development: Promote growth of new and existing businesses in rural eastern Ontario communities and;
- Community Innovation: Support community-led projects that enhance and diversify local economies
Understand what we fund EODP Eligibility and Guidelines
How to apply
- Call us to discuss your project idea
- EODPApplicationPart A-rev2016
- Applications will be accepted up to June 16, 2017 and then again after August 1, 2017.
The EODP applications are reviewed and approved by our local volunteer Board of Directors. Projects are assessed on the potential for job creation, impact on business revenue and economic impact for the Frontenacs and/or Eastern Ontario. The Board also assess the applications based on our Strategic Plan and the following areas deserving of special emphasis beyond those identified in our strategic plan:
- Improving businesses productivity and profitability with technology
- Productivity enhancements
- Small business training
- 3D Technology
- Attraction of and growth of small scale (artisanal) food and beverage businesses
Reporting requirements for approved projects
Recipient agrees that their name, amount of project funding and general description of the project will be publically available.
See how local organizations have used EODP funds to grow their business or strengthen their community.
EODP is funded through the Federal Development Agency of Southern Ontario (FedDev) and delivered through the 15 eastern Ontario Community Futures Development Corporations and the Eastern Ontario CFDC Network.
Collaborative Economic Development Projects (CEDP) – must demonstrate benefits to multiple communities and promote broad-based collaborative economic development leading to a competitive and diversified economy, while contributing to the successful development of business/job opportunities and prosperous communities. For more information and applications visit http://financingandstrategy.com/cedp/
For more information or to apply, contact Sue Theriault, Office Manager/EODP Coordinator 1-613-372-1414 or 1-888-372-9962 or email email@example.com