Whether you are considering starting a new business in the Frontenacs or seeking advice for your existing business, the Frontenac Community Futures Development Corporation (CFDC) offers a variety of products and services to help you including:
One-on-one business consultations at no cost
Business information and connections to our network of entrepreneurs, government agencies, and community groups
Commercial financing up to $250,000 for new or existing businesses in the County of Frontenac
Interest-free loans for eligible commercial projects, subject to available funding
Eastern Ontario Development Program that supports business growth
Over and above our mandated services, the Frontenac CFDC has identified areas deserving of special attention to improve the vitality of our communities. To view our strategic plan visit here.
The Frontenac Community Futures Development Corporation (CFDC) is a not-for-profit corporation established in 2003, run by a local volunteer board of directors and staffed by experienced professionals whose objective is aptly expressed by its tag line “building business”growing communities”. We are one of 37 CFDCs in rural eastern and southern Ontario that is funded by the Federal Development Agency of Southern Ontario (FedDev).
What is Community Futures?View Frontenac CFDC Service Area
If you would like to find out more about what the Frontenac CFDC can do for you, please contact us.
Sue Theriault, Office Manager and EODP Coordinator
613-372-1414 Ext 206
Anne Prichard, Executive Director
613-372-1414 Ext 204
Or visit us at 5062 Rd 38 Harrowsmith, ON K0H 1V0
Regular Office hours: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday
Frontenac CFDC staff maintain flexible hours to accommodate client schedules.
WE ARE HIRING!
Business Development Officer Position
We seek an experienced professional with strong financial analysis proficiency, business counselling ability, exceptional interpersonal skills and strong proficiency on multiple computer programs.
This position involves counselling small business owners and individuals looking to start a business. The position also requires review, analysis, and assessment of loan applications for consideration by the Investment Committee, as well as the implementation of the loans and the ongoing management of the existing portfolio.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in business, commerce or finance;
- Minimum three years’ experience in business loan management, including preparation of security documents and working knowledge of the Personal Property Security Act;
- Minimum three years’ experience providing business counselling, financial analysis and business plan assessment;
- Aptitude to problem solve and pay close attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team while consistently presenting a professional attitude and demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills, communications skills, sound judgment and strict confidentiality;
- Working knowledge of software programs including Word, Excel, Outlook, and the ability to learn loan management software;
- Public speaking experience and ability to liaise with relevant organizations
- Reasonable knowledge of Frontenac County, its business sectors and available small business information, programs and services;
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle;
- Successful applicant will be required to provide a CPIC
A full job description is available here
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter with a “re” line of Business Development Officer in confidence to
Anne Prichard, Executive Director
5062 Rd 38, Unit 8, Harrowsmith, ON K0H 1V0
Applications will be accepted until 8:00 am, Monday, April 30, 2018. We thank you for your interest and only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Jan Dines (Chair)
Lesley Pickard (Vice-Chair)
Terry Wilson (Secretary/Treasurer)
Interested in becoming a board member?
Residents and/or business owners within the County of Frontenac are eligible to apply to become a director. Candidates ideally have:
An interest in local and regional community development
Knowledge of Frontenac County in general and perhaps an understanding of a specific business sector
An interest in business development with a comprehension of financial statements an asset, but not mandatory.
If you are interested in becoming a Director of the Frontenac CFDC, you can apply by filling out an application form and forwarding it to our office or for more information on becoming a board member, contact Anne Prichard, Executive Director at 613-372-1414 Ext 204.
A strategic plan has been developed by the Frontenac CFDC Board of Directors after receiving input through a community consultation process. Over and above our mandated services of business counselling and commercial loans, the Frontenac CFDC will place particular emphasis on Food and Beverage, Rural Innovative Opportunities, Tourism, Business Promotion and Awareness of CFDC Services