Intake for Rural Innovation Initiative Eastern Ontario
Eastern Ontario CFDCs receive funding to support projects that drive innovation and growth in rural Eastern Ontario. As a result of this funding support, the Frontenac CFDC is pleased to announce, in cooperation with CFDCs across Eastern Ontario, the Rural Innovation Initiative Eastern Ontario (RIIEO Grants).
Priority sectors for funding include:
- advanced manufacturing,
- digital industries
- clean tech
- food processing
- Projects that focus on inclusiveness: youth, women entrepreneurs, Indigenous peoples, Official Language Minority Communities, persons with disabilities, immigrants and visible minorities
- Businesses (local stream refers to businesses operating in the County of Frontenac; regional stream refers to businesses operating in Eastern Ontario)
- Not-For-Profit organizations supporting business and community transition into the new rural economy
Supported projects will strengthen competitiveness, productivity, business growth, process innovation, new market access, creation and retention of employment opportunities, the re-skilling of the industrial workforce, incremental sales and increased profitability, and as a result, diversify and transform our local communities and economy.
Project funding The minimum project size for the local stream is $50,000 (excluding HST) to a maximum of $200,000. Approved projects will be eligible for a non-repayable performance-based contribution of 50%.
In addition to the local stream being offered by the Frontenac CFDC, there is also a Regional Stream. The Regional Stream focuses on accelerating the growth of SMEs on the innovation track, with benefits to multiple communities in Eastern Ontario and is delivered by Northumberland CFDC. Guidelines and the online application for this stream are available at www.financingandstrategy.com
Our application intake deadlines are on a continuous basis as funds permit. If you have any questions or would like to discuss your project in advance of applying, please contact Anne Prichard, 613-372-1414 Ext. 204 or Sue Theriault 613-372-1414 Ext. 206.
Applications: RIIEO Application Form-FINAL
Other materials to assist you with completing the Application:
- Contact us to discuss your project
- Read the RIIEO Guidelines
- Complete and sign the RIIEO Application Form
- Attach the mandatory supporting documentation
- proof of legal name
- financial statements (most recent year-end)
- requests for proposals/quotations, scopes of work, and/or job descriptions, where applicable
- 2 quotes from reputable arm’s-length and unrelated suppliers
- list of Board of Directors, Board motions and/or Council motions, where applicable
- Submit digitally signed Application Form and supporting documents to: email@example.com
Notes: Your project activity cannot start until after the date of approval of your application. Applications deemed to be impacted by the Canadian Environmental Assessment Act, 2012 (including projects on “federal lands”) or the Federal Official Languages Act will be required to complete additional steps prior to approval.
- Receive a Contribution Agreement outlining terms, conditions and funding disbursement.
- Consent to a public announcement of their project by Frontenac CFDC and/or the Federal Government in the form of a news release and/or event.
- Submit regular Progress Reports.
- Progress payments are released based upon detailed Progress Claims submitted by approved applicants. Minimum progress payment is $25,000. Funds are released when a claim is accompanied by all invoices, proof of payments, and proof of deliverables associated with the claimed costs.
- Final payments are released when all requirements of the Contribution Agreement have been met and an associated Final Claim, including proof of all deliverables, has been submitted.